Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer works to design novel robotics and laboratory automation devices to meet internal and customer specifications. The qualified candidate should have heavy experience with motion control, servo motors, linear motors, linear actuators, encoders, and pneumatics. A strong product design and development background is a must with emphasis on industrial performance and aesthetic appearance. Experience with liquid handling and microtitre plate handling is desired. The qualified individual will work closely with software and electrical engineers to design custom robotics and instrumentation.
• Complete product development life cycle implementation.
• Develop specs and mockup of new concepts.
• Lead design of new products.
• Work closely with electrical engineers, firmware development and mechanical engineers.
• Work closely testing team to ensure new products meet specifications.
• Schedule and run design review meetings.
• Develop and manage timelines and budgets for product development.
• Product based project management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• MS in mechanical engineering.
• 5+ years experience in product development.
• Expert level SolidWorks user (2011 preferred).
• Experience with PDMWorks.
• Experience with electrical and pneumatic control systems.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Requires high attention to detail.
• All work product documents must be publication/presentation worthy.
• Knowledge of fluidics a plus.
• Excellent problem solving skills, required to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively.
• Work effectively as team member and individually.
• Excellent communication skills.